It’s natural to have a lot of questions when you’re planning a wedding. At Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, we work with lots of happy couples who are in the midst of planning their dream California wedding. Most of them have similar questions when they’re first starting the process. Chances are, you might have some of the same questions. With that in mind, we’ve put together the top five questions we get from engaged couples about planning a wedding in the Southern California area.
1. What’s the best wedding venue in Anaheim?
Well, we’re probably a little biased here, but we think Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is a great wedding venue. Our castle-themed hotel will make you feel like you’re in a romantic fairytale. Plus we’ve got delicious catering options, all the audio/visual equipment you need, and we’re conveniently located next to Disneyland® Resort and other great SoCal attractions. What could be better than that? The castle theme and proximity to “The Happiest Place on Earth” also makes Anaheim Majestic a popular SoCal venue for Disney, fairytale, and other themed weddings. Don’t take our word for it though! Check out what these happy couples had to say.
2. What is the average cost of a wedding in Southern California?
This is a tough one to answer. The cost of your wedding can vary greatly depending on the size of your guest list, your vendors, your venue, and more. However, according to The Knot, the average wedding in Orange County, California, costs approximately $37,700. That being said, prices definitely vary and you can have a fantastic wedding no matter what your budget. Here at Anaheim Majestic, when it comes to our wedding experts and popular venue, we deliver on great value and excellent service. We’re always willing to work within your budget and do as much as we possibly can to make your big day truly magical.
3. What’s the best month to get married in California?
There’s really no correct answer here because it varies so much from couple to couple. Plus, it’s so beautiful here and there are always exciting things happening throughout the year, so you really can’t go wrong. However, based on statistics, September and October are the most popular months to get married, followed closely by May and June. When determining the best month to tie the knot in Southern California, your main concerns are going to be weather, tourism, and price.
- Price: Venues and vendors may be more expensive during prime times noted above (and they book up faster too). On the flip side, you may be able to get a really good deal by booking in the off-season months like January and March. Off-season weddings can be a great value! Also keep in mind that if your heart is set on a particular kind of flower for your bouquets or fruit/vegetable option for your meal, keep in mind prices may be higher outside of the plant’s normal growing season.
- Weather: Weather is definitely something to pay attention to, particularly if you want an outdoor wedding. We’re pretty lucky to have some great weather year-round here in SoCal. The average temperature in Anaheim is generally between 60-80 degrees, give or take. Winter is generally considered our “wet” season, with January and February being the wettest months. Depending on the date you book, you may need to factor in some additional costs for things like fans, ponchos, or umbrellas for attendees and your wedding party.
- Tourism. With amazing attractions like Disneyland® Resort, Knott’s Berry Farm, and world-class beaches nearby, there’s no doubt tourism is a big deal in Anaheim and the surrounding area. Be sure to keep any special events and peak travel times (like summer vacations, holidays, and spring break) in mind. Large crowds can impact pricing, venue availability, flight availability, lodging, and traffic on your big day, so you should be prepared.
4. Where do I get my marriage license for Orange County?
Getting a marriage license for Orange County is relatively simple through the County Clerk-Recorder. Marriage licenses are issued on the spot and valid for 90 days. All the details and requirements for what you’ll need to receive a marriage license are available online.
5. Who are the best wedding vendors to work with in SoCal?
Great question! Finding trustworthy and dependable wedding vendors can be a challenge, especially if you’re planning a destination wedding and not from the area. From wedding planners to florists to engagement and wedding photographers, check out some of our favorite SoCal wedding vendors here.
Start planning your magical SoCal wedding today!
We hope this helped answer at least some of your questions. If you’re looking for a great SoCal wedding venue near Disneyland® Resort, we’d love to answer any additional questions you have and tell you more what we’ve got to offer. Check out our wedding packages and contact us to learn how Anaheim Majestic can make your SoCal wedding even more magical.