It may still be summer, but Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort is right around the corner — and we can’t wait! From special events to themed attractions to character sightings, there’s tons of spooktacular Halloween fun happening around the parks from September through October. Plus, there’s plenty of new fun and changes this year, including the Halloween Screams fireworks show and Mickey’s Halloween Party being replaced by the Oogie Boogie Bash! Arguably one of the best times to visit, here are a few of our favorite Disney experiences and treats you can only get during Halloween Time!
The Oogie Boogie Bash
The Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party is a brand-new ticketed, after-hours event that’s full of all sorts of Halloween surprises. Here are a few of the frightfully fun events in store:
- Immersive treat trails: What is Halloween without a little trick-or-treating, right? Experience the new treat trails throughout the park with iconic characters like the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. Be sure to hit up the oversized cauldrons full of delicious treats!
- “Villainous!”: Don’t miss this new “World of Color” nighttime spectacular that you can only experience at the Oogie Boogie Bash. Get up close with the Queen, Ursula, Hades, Jafar, Maleficent, and other iconic villains — all with mind-blowing special effects. Check out the video!
- “Mickey’s Trick & Treat” – Little ones will love this interactive new stage production with Mickey Mouse and his friends! Check it out at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land for dancing, spooky tales, and tons of candy!
- DescenDANCE Party – Calling all Descendants fans! You won’t want to miss this epic dance party inspired by the franchise.
- Villains Grove – The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is being transformed into Villains Grove, an interactive experience that allows guests to get a peek inside the minds and lives of Disney’s iconic villains.
There’s so much to look forward to at the Oogie Boogie Bash! Grab your costume and your fellow villains and monsters and get ready for a night of thrills and chills! The special ticketed event runs select nights in September and October. Dates fill up fast!
Fun & Attractions
Of course, beyond the Oogie Boogie Bash, there’s so much spooky fun happening all around both parks this time of year — including updated decorations, food, and attractions just for the haunted season!
- Halloween Screams is a frightfully fun new fireworks display full of villainous visions on select nights through October.
- The Haunted Mansion is decorated for the “Hallow-days” inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Characters are donning their Halloween best in the spirit of the season for some awesome photo ops!
- Other themed rides and attractions that are sure to put you in the spooky spirit!
- Halloween memorabilia and merchandise is everywhere to help you remember your frightastic trip to Disneyland!
Disney does Halloween right with festive fall colors and orange all around. The decor in and of itself is worth seeing. Here are a few of the decor favorites you won’t want to miss:
- Hit up Buena Vista Street in Disney’s California Adventure® Park for some fun touches like black bats swarming Carthay Circle Theatre’s bell and the Headless Horseman statue.
- Check out the Cars Land, which transforms into Radiator “Screams” for the season.
- You’ll see hundreds of hand-carved pumpkins all around Disneyland Resort as part of the Main Street Pumpkin Festival. They make for great photo ops and hiding spots for Hidden Mickeys!
- You’ll also love the traditional Dia de los Muertos skeleton display around Frontierland!
Besides candy, you’ll definitely want to indulge in some of the festive and themed food that pops up around the parks this time of year. We’re already drooling just thinking about all the goodies. Be sure to make sampling all sorts of delicious fall treats part of your Disney itinerary! A few Instagram-worthy favorites include:
- Caramel apples
- Delicious churros
- Pumpkin-flavored baked goods
- Specialty Halloween/fall-themed drinks
- Spicy treats
- Dishes inspired by your favorite villains
- Candy galore!
- And so much more!
Check out all the Disneyland Resort dining options here.
Start your magical Disneyland® Resort at Anaheim Majestic!
If you’re headed this way for the Halloween season, we’d love to share in the spooky scary fun with you! As a Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel, we have everything you need for a bootiful Disneyland vacation, including a FREE daily Dream Machine Shuttle to Disneyland® Resort and our Disney Desk where you can purchase tickets and ask questions from our Disney experts. Plus, our wake-up or tuck-in service with our very own Princess Corinne is an extra special Halloween treat! At Anaheim Majestic Garden hotel, you’re just moments away from the magical experience of a lifetime!
What are you waiting for?