13 October 2017
Your Quinceañera is one of the defining moments of your young adult life. You’ve probably been looking forward to it for years and want it to be as special as possible! When you put on that dress and celebrate with your friends and loved ones, you should feel like the princess that you are. Here are a few tips that can help your inner princess shine on your special day!
Find the Perfect Dress
Before you shop you should spend time looking at blogs, magazines, and Pinterest boards to find the styles, trends, and colors that you like. Whether it’s a more traditional ball gown or something cool and casual, having an idea of what type of dress you’re looking for will make it easier when you actually head to the stores. You’ll also want to have a conversation with your parents about budget so you know what price range you should stick to.
Once you’ve got a clear vision and budget in mind, it’s time to shop! Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you hit the stores.
- Call ahead. Making appointments at various boutiques and shops will help ensure you get the attention and assistance you need without having to wait.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Dress shopping trips can take a long time and you’ll have multiple gowns to try on. Make sure what you’re wearing is comfortable and easy to slip in and out of.
- Bring your heels along. If you have them, bring the shoes you plan to wear at your Quince so you can match them to your dress and accurately measure length.
- Wear proper undergarments. Certain dress styles require certain undergarments. If you plan to wear a specific bra, corset, or body shaper at your Quinceañera, bring it along to try on underneath gowns.
- Don’t pay attention to size. Formal gowns vary dramatically in size. Because some are tight and form-fitting, it may mean you need a bigger size than you normally wear. Don’t get discouraged or upset! Alterations may also be a possibility, so don’t be afraid to try something that might be slightly too big or small.
Of course, having some shopping buddies makes finding a dress more fun! Take a few of your most trusted confidants with you, but don’t bring a full entourage. Three or four people who aren’t afraid to give honest opinions can help you narrow down options and make the best choice. Just remember the choice is ultimately up to you! No matter what they say, you want to pick the dress that makes you feel beautiful!
Find Your Prince
Every princess needs her handsome prince! Choosing a Chambelan to escort you to your Quinceañera takes some serious consideration.
A boyfriend or crush could be a good choice. He’s cute, you get along, and it would be very romantic! Keep in mind he may not know many other attendees, which could mean you’ll spend more time entertaining him than visiting with other guests. You should also consider that he’s going to be in all the pictures of your special day, even if you eventually break up.
A brother or cousin could be another great choice. You already know he’s got your back and supports you no matter what. Plus he already knows your family and friends, so you can avoid awkward introductions and just enjoy mingling throughout the night. However, you can forget any romance!
Whomever you decide to ask, just be sure he makes you feel special, loved, and supported. If he’s not familiar with Quinces, you should also be sure he knows what he’s getting into. Important duties may include attending dance rehearsals, dancing with you at the event, being in the photos, buying a gift, renting or purchasing proper attire, attending the church service, and more.
Assemble Your Royal Court
Much like choosing a Chambelan, choosing your Court of Honor is another important (and difficult) task. The most popular Quinceañera court of honor arrangements include:
- 14 damas, 14 chambelanes, and 1 main chambelan.
- 4 damas, 4 chambelanes, 1 main chambelan.
- 4 damas and 1 main chambelan.
You’ll want to consider who you can count on to support you on your special day. Consider asking close friends, siblings, and cousins you trust. Just like picking a Chambelan, you should be sure your Court of Honor knows what the event entails and why it’s so important to you. You should also let them be part of the party planning fun as much as possible!
Act like A Princess
True princesses are loved for more than just their outward beauty. They’re also smart, confident, and gracious – and not afraid to show it! Throughout the planning process you should let your inner princess shine through. Here’s a few tips for truly acting like a princess during the event:
- Actively help with planning. Go out of your way to help with stuffing invitation envelopes, setting up decorations, cooking, and any other party planning tasks. It’s your party after all!
- Smile. It’s normal to feel nervous and overwhelmed. Just remember to relax, have fun, and smile. It’s the easiest way to naturally seem more approachable and boost confidence.
- Mingle with everyone. It can be tempting to stick by friends and family you know well, but it’s polite to make the rounds and make sure all your guests feel welcome during your party.
- Properly thank your guests and court. You don’t want to seem selfish or ungrateful! Be sure to both verbally thank guests and send written notes after the event. A special gift or note to show appreciation for your Court of Honor and parents may also be appreciated!
Choose Your Castle
There’s no party without a place to have it! Much like finding the perfect dress, finding the perfect venue takes time and research. There are many things to consider when choosing a venue for your special day. Here are a few key questions to ask yourself and discuss with your parents:
- How many people are attending?
- What look and feel do you want the location to have?
- What amenities are included?
- Is there adequate parking for guests?
- What’s the budget?
Don’t forget, many locations offer special Quinceañera pricing and party packages that include all the amenities and extras you need to pull of the perfect event!
If you’re looking to plan a Quinceañera fit for a princess, Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel can help! Download our Quinceañera packet for details on our castle-style venue and Quince party packages. Also, don’t miss your chance to win a free Quinceañera party for up to 100 guests!